Welcome to Scott PYP Academy! I am looking forward to a great year where teachers, staff, students and parents work together to ACHIEVE!
Academic Directional Plan – ACHIEVE
Approach learning through innovative technologies
Create a safe environment for learning
Help all students know and reach their potential
Implement a guaranteed and viable curriculum
Enrich student learning through real world experiences
Vary assessments to guide instruction
Engage in meaningful learning experiences that promote student action
ALL STUDENTS EAT BREAKFAST FREE OF CHARGE AT SCOTT! Our doors open at 7:00 for breakfast.
Attendance Goal - 98%
Current Attendance Rate: 96.71% (as of 12/11/15)
Our School Day: 7:45-3:00
Tardy Bell rings @ 7:45 - Students should be seated in their classroom ready to learn at that time.
One of the most important things your child can do to achieve academic success is also one of the most basic: going to school every day. In fact, research has shown that your child's attendance record may be the biggest factor influencing her academic success.
By attending class regularly, your child is more likely to keep up with the daily lessons and assignments, and take quizzes and tests on time.
What you can do
- Help your child get to school on time every day.
- Follow the school's guidelines and attendance policy, and report excused absences immediately.
- Check homework.
- Take an active role.
- Locate potential sources of anxiety.
- Keep updated on school events and announcements.
- Try to limit the amount of time that your child misses school due to medical appointments or illness.
- Schedule family events with your child's school schedule in mind.
- Plan ahead.
- Promote good health.
- Create a restful environment.
By making your child's school attendance a priority, you will be taking an important step in supporting your child's school success, and setting a good example. Remember every day counts!